Zuni hallmark help

I see a number of Quam’s in my book but n reference to D & B or P& B

Does anyone know who they may be.
I remember buying it for my husband in the late 90’s i believe in an outdoor market outside of Albuquerque
I was told it was from the 40’s

Thanks

1 Like

I couldn’t find anything. I went through the Quams to see what family has the closest style. A Ed and Pablita Quam seemed to have the closest, you might try to do some bio research there and get some family member names.

Thanks, I just sent a facebook message to the Zuni Craftsmen Cooperative asking for help. Will post any information.

I haven’t gotten any answer yet. Does anyone have any idea of where I could get information? A university, etc?
Thanks
Gerri

Your next step might be to try and find a group of Zuni artists books that was published in the 1970s. https://www.amazon.com/Zuni-Art-People-Vol-1/dp/B000OMKA3G See if you can figure out what names are in each volume, this might lead somewhere. Or if someone has this set on the forum they might look for you.

I asked a lady from Zuni who believes this is Bonnie Quam. She can not remember the husband’s name. They are both gone, for sometime.

1 Like

You are a dear…

Gerri

Thanks so much for all of your help. I’m so excited, the Zuni Cooperative just answered my Facebook message from August. They asked for an image of the mark and piece. Hopefully they have more information about this piece and another Zuni piece I put up an image of on this site.

Gerri

2 Likes