Allen kee belt buckle

Hi everyone! I need help to get a value on this sterling silver belt buckle by famous silversmith Allen Kee. The buckle is 2 3/8 by 1 3/8, it weighs 159 grams and it’s 29" long! Great condition. Thank you in advance!!

7 Likes

That belt is stunning!

1 Like

Thank you! It’s a great piece.

Very nice! Classic, clean mid-century modernist design that the White Hogan is famous for. Unfortunately I can’t help you much with value but hopefully someone else here can.

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’re asking about the whole belt, right? Not only its buckle? Very special piece, will be interesting to hear a valuation.

1 Like

What an amazing piece. This is something that you don’t really have something to compare to. Anything that is connected to White Hogan and Kenneth Begay gets a premium. If 5 shops had this belt you would see 5 different prices. Say one of those was an antique shop in Minnesota and it could be less than $1000, Santa Fe $12,000. Are you wanting a value to sell it, insure it, or trying to buy it?

1 Like

I’m trying to sell it. Right now, and since I have no idea of the value, I have it for sale at 5k or best offer.

Correct, the whole belt.

You could also consider selling to or consigning through one of the upscale galleries.

1 Like