Another mystery GF+ earrings - Native American or?

I picked up these earrings in Gallup, NM at a pawn shop. They are beautifully crafted - I believe onyx and inlay triplet opal (see what you think) they are marked sterling and have a hallmark that is a circle divided in quarters - the only clear part is the top, with the G and F. I can’t tell if those are symbols or additional letters… maybe W on the bottom right?? What do you think… didn’t find them in my books at first glance.

GF may mean gold filled - i can’t tell from the photo if they appear gold or patina silver.

1 Like

Yes, I think gold filled is the meaning of the GF. From the pic it looks like a gold-colored wash on the top surface of a sterling item.

It is silver - reflecting something. I’ll take another photo

It is silver - reflecting something. I’ll take another photo

Could you take a pic without flash? The camera is still showing what looks like a gold colored wash on the top, though this is an overexposed image. I gather your eye isn’t seeing gold, but a good pic would clarify.

Looks like the mark for Great Falls Metal Works.

4 Likes

Here’s a similar pair

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-GFMW-Great-Falls-Metal-Works-Modernist-Circle-Sterling-Opal-Onyx-Earrings/362813725522?hash=item5479621b52:g:fvgAAOSwA9Jc43vy:sc:USPSFirstClass!19809!US!-1

4 Likes

Absolutely! Mystery solved. Thank you.

1 Like

Exactly the same! Thank you for your help.

1 Like