Another ring…

It’s bigger than I expected, the seller was a bit off on the size of the stone but I still kinda like it. Thinking about holding onto it. Any thoughts on the stone? Seller did not know. Thanks so much in advance.

6 Likes

I love it! Big and bold!
No clue about the stone origin.

3 Likes

I’m curious to see what others say, because I have a ring with a similar matrix, and I don’t know what it is. Although I always suspect Kingman.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Stracci. It definitely makes a statement :grinning:

2 Likes

You do… Do you wear it much?

2 Likes

I do; not as much lately because I’ve been wearing some others, but it fits me well.

When I look at mine closer, the matrix doesn’t remind me as much of yours as I thought. However it has some of that gray graininess that yours has. I’ve described it as kind of like the stuff in the old Etch A Sketch game, If you know what I mean.

2 Likes

Off topic but your manicure is so pretty. :slightly_smiling_face: Can’t do a good guess on the stone but it’s also pretty!

3 Likes

Can you post a picture of it? I don’t mind at all :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks so much chicfarmer. It’s just eucerin lotion :grin: I’m so psyched that they actually look manicured :smiley:

3 Likes

Sure! But it doesn’t remind me of yours as much as I thought. I’m also kinda on the fence about my stone; not even 100% positive it’s turquoise (but yours definitely looks like turquoise!). I bought it at a good shop in WY, but…

It was the texture of the matrix in the right side of your stone that (I thought) reminded me of the gray in the upper left of mine. But when I looked closer, not so much.

3 Likes

It’s very pretty :smile: I would definitely wear it. I found a grey ring that I kinda thought you may be referring to. Now I see it is a but different too.

3 Likes

That’s wild!! So interesting. Does that have a hallmark? I’ve got a ring that has very similar silver work.

I just wondered if my ring is turquoise and not something dyed. I tried a q tip with acetone to see if any color came off, and none did. I liked the simple setting, and it just sits well on my finger.

I also love the size of your first ring. I love big rings, and I cannot lie😆

1 Like

Thanks Ziacat :smiley: Yes it does. I’ll get a picture. This ring also has a similar matrix to the bigger one I posted.

2 Likes

I like that ring, too; I like the flowerish look of the design.

So this is kinda funny. My ring is similar in design (I think it’s a pretty common style of silver work), but not quite. And the Hallmark is MM, similar to yours, but not quite!:joy:

I bought this ring mostly cause I liked the stone, and because I just wanted something to remind of where I was (Georgetown CO), which is admittedly not generally the best reason to shop. The receipt says it’s Cripple Creek turquoise. The owner of the store is a member of the family that owns the Larimar mine in the Dominican Republic. It was the first time I’d seen Larimar.

2 Likes

That ones is pretty too. I’m guessing that style of setting is pretty popular. I have a few that are shadow box instead of the rope design but have the same lower design. Larimar is such a pretty stone. I remember having quite a few bracelets by marahlago and she put larimar in all of her pieces.

1 Like