Anyone seen this type of Native American Earring before?

These came in a batch with some other pieces I purchased. The turquoise really does appear to be genuine, but I have no idea if these are native American or they’re from Thailand.:roll_eyes: There are no marks on the back of these. Any ideas would be helpful in my search. Thanks!

1 Like

Your instinct to question them is correct. These are definitely not Native American and do look to be of Asian origin.

6 Likes

at least they’re earrings. recently saw watch tips being called earrings &… a single tip advertised as a pendant

sigh

2 Likes

I saw a necklace of all watch tips interspersed with silver beads listed as a squash blossom necklace… Ummmmmm :thinking: at least they were NA watch tips.

2 Likes

repurposed watch tip necklaces

https://forum.turquoisepeople.com/t/repurposing-watch-tips/4026/9

14 Likes

I think the watch tip necklace is a great way to use, rather than discard.
Although, I would love to have any of these watch tip sets to use on a watch.
Sadly, fewer and fewer people are wearing watches these days, unless they are “smart” watches who are basically wrist phones/computers/cameras.

5 Likes

The tiny flowers made of dots are a tip off. This feature is usually on items from Asia.

2 Likes

I have been taking the larger Fred Harvey singleton earrings and getting Rocky at Perry Null to add a loop.

3 Likes

hard to tell scale, but that looks like it would get way more use and exposure.

would also work as a pin or brooch me thinks

1 Like

2 Likes

Love it! Gosh I really got to get it together and send a couple things to them to fix. It’s just such a hassle with our post office sometimes.