Are these Zuni Petit Point?

No an expert but I found these and wondered if they were Zuni? Marked 925 on back. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hard to tell what it is without sharper photos, and good images of the back of the pieces. Offhand, my impression is that it is not. The color of the stone isn’t right, but that could be lighting and photography. If the coral is real and natural, whatever you’ve got is worth multiples of the same pieces in turquoise alone.

2 Likes

I agree that they don’t look Zuni, or NA of any sort, and that the photos are a bit out of focus (need to use macro setting to get quality closeups) which hampers evaluation.

In addition to seeing the reverse, I’d want to see more detail of the bezels. These images don’t suggest natural coral either, in addition to the “turquoise” looking off. The 925 stamp is not at all typical of Zuni work. The earring findings are supply-shop commercial rather than hand fabricated. From these pics my guess is cheap costume items, or if the materials are in fact better than they look, perhaps Mexico made.

2 Likes

Great incisive analysis, Chic Farmer :slight_smile: You’ve got a great eye, and an impressive grasp of the materials and techniques! Lets see what these critters look like close up and in focus.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply’s. I think you’re right, they are costume.

1 Like

I have a ring that looks almost exactly like this. It, as others have noted here, is not Native American made. I also have my doubts that these are Native American.

1 Like