By george

Hello

I have a Hand tooled, hand stamped repousse concho belt…weighs ~145 grams. It is signed ‘by George’ and each Concho is stamped with a G. Does anyone know who made this? Approximate value? THANKS

3 Likes

It’s a really nice, well made looking, concho belt! It may be difficult to find anything online, “By George” being such a common phrase. I have one signed “E. Coyote” and all you could get in searches was Wile E. Coyote/Roadrunner stuff. But don’t give up, I’ve had several occasions of people messaging to say "Yeah, I know all about this thing or another. Good Luck!

3 Likes

nothing found for “by george” or the script “G” in 5th edition.
even less on the net.

looking at the “B” and that little loop in the middle
looking at the stylized “G”
they both show some close matches to the conjoined example of George Bradley

not an exact match but that G with ears…

bygeorge2

3 Likes

when I searched “E. Coyote” I got a load of wile e. coyote stuff so by adding - wile most of it went away but then looney tunes moved in so -looney. The next to go was somebody named Ivan so -Ivan. I added sterling cause I was looking for anything N.A. related. results below and yes there is a boatload of E. Coyote dr. rd. st. ave. :rofl:

4 Likes

Aww, how cute is this poor rescued coyote your search turned up, @Steve ?

5 Likes

spoiled for now, 3 hots and cot

6 Likes

@OrbitOrange, I noticed the same thing! Glad he was rescued. Although I want the local coyotes to stay away from my neighbor’s outdoor cat…

3 Likes

Thanks. I thought it might be George Harvey but he usually signs GNH. I will keep hoping someone knows who did this.

Thanks guys.