Calling All Hallmark Sleuths 😊

I checked in my only reference book which is “Hallmarks of the Southwest“ and I could not find it and I also did some research online. nada!

1 Like

This was the shared hallmark of Curtis and Corainne Leekity. Corainne is the daughter of Blake and Velma Lesansee. She later went on to marry Bobby Shack and now shares the “B & C Shack” or “Bobby and Corainne Shack” hallmarks with him. Any chance you have a picture of the front? is it an inlay piece?

1 Like

Thank You, I never would’ve figured that one out :woozy_face:

1 Like

That hallmark matches up perfectly in Hougart’s book, the style definitely does not.

3 Likes

Hmmm… could the “design” on the cuff be areas where there used to be inlay?

That wouldn’t be Zuni inlay work even if inlay was indeed missing. This bracelet doesn’t have any Zuni feel to it, in design or execution. I haven’t seen the hallmark AC mentioned, but if similar to this it would be only coincidental.

1 Like

I did a quick google search of the attributed name and couldn’t find anything, mystery continues. That hallmark name just is not matching up with the style of the cuff, so I am starting to think the hallmark name is not correct in the book, or a Navajo silversmith uses a similar style hallmark.

3 Likes