Chief Dodge Cuff- Turquoise ID

I have a Chief Dodge sterling cuff inset with unusual looking turquoise stones. The stones have patches of dark blue on the turquoise background. The surface is very smooth and almost has a painted effect. Any insights would be most appreciated.

3 Likes

I’d have to see a much closer high def image, but that has the look of compressed material to my untrained eye. I have a piece i acquired recently with a similar look, it even has some pyrite mashed into it. Saturated, opaque, vivid blues, in a sort of chunky-jaggedy edged way, with no matrix between.

It’s got a strong look to it - wear it in good health.

2 Likes

It could also be stabilization. That would give you that glossy finish and patch work color. The bracelet seems to have some age and compressed material is a more recent creation.

3 Likes

Great info Jason! I’d be interested in seeing an example of syabilization with this appearance. It might make me rethink the piece i have.

2 Likes

Thank you Jason. The appearance in person is as you described. Appreciate your insight.

1 Like

Thank you Jemez2, I appreciate your opinion and helpfulness.

1 Like

these cabs are as close as I could find to the glossy finish and patch work color of stabilized legit kingman from the source.

4 Likes

I couldn’t find an exact example, pictures with similar characteristics

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing these photos. The surface of the stones in my bracelet look very much like this- they have the same patchwork effect.