Chip inlay belt buckle

Hi turquoise friends, I finally found a belt buckle that was in my price range. I am very curious what you guys think about it. I already purchased this one. So I hope I got a good one🙂. And even if it is not I will still love it❤️.

I did not notice the mark until I brought it home and looked at it while wearing my glasses. I found the hallmark in the unidentifiable section of a website, and was happy it was at least not in the fake hallmark section.

2 Likes

I have been trying to find out who this hallmark belongs to for a number of years. It is similar to (but not) and often claimed to be Gibson Gene. It is nice work and I believe it is Native American, probably Navajo. I know I have a piece with this hallmark someplace.

1 Like

The inlay style reminds me of a bracelet I purchased from someone here last year.
The hallmark on my bracelet is a star with initials SB inside of the star. It is an unidentified Hallmark.

1 Like

Wow. I googled Gibson Gene and his hallmark is quite similar. The bracelet has a peyote bird on it that is very much the same shape as the one on my buckle. Are the similarities just a coincidence?

If you have the time I would love to see a pic of your bracelet fern!

Here are a couple of Gibson Gene Peyote Bird pieces.Gibson Gene bracelet

2 Likes

Not a coincidence at all. It was a very popular style.

1 Like

Thanks for all the insight! What would be the value of my unknown artist belt buckle?

You might want to consider that even stamps wear out/get damaged &/or aren’t always perfectly set.

3 Likes

Fifty dollars more than you paid for it :grin:
Post it in the appraising section with size information and is it sterling?

3 Likes