Could anyone identify this hallmark - attributed Hopi

Tried to find a reference in Hopi silver book but no match. Maybe someone is familiar with this one.
Thank you and wish all a bright New Year.

only things in the 5th edition remotely close but no match

bug2

Thank you Steve for your attempts at a match. To me it looks like a Yei, but would think that would be Navajo and not Hopi. Appreciate your help.

you’re welcome.

GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH RESULTS <click not much help either

I thought centipede ish type critter when I saw it.

2 Likes

Yes Ziacat, on second glance I agree it looks more like a bug. Have looked through 3 books of hallmarks and come up empty handed. Will try the insect route and see what I might find. Thanks for weighing in

You are welcome! But it could just be like a Rorschach test, and I’m seeing what I want to see. My cat’s always chasing bugs :laughing:

Can you show us the front? We always want to see everything :grin:

1 Like

ahem…corn stalk?
don’t get stuck in one thought-try upside down,inside out,backwards…

2 Likes

6 Likes

Sorry, doesn’t look like a corn stalk to me. The other ones on the picture Steve posted do. Not saying it’s not a corn stalk, just saying what I think it looks like. Corn stalks look different on the top. That part also also looks like the top of a guitar.

Hahaha @Steve, I have a can of raid in the basement to kill the really big spiders cuz I don’t like to squish them. Same with centipedes.

That’s truly creative.

newpawn, Thank you, I never thought about looking at it from a different perspective. If upside down it very much resembles some of the hallmarks that Steve found.

It’s always appreciated having numerous thoughts and opinions to help solve my puzzles.

2 Likes

corn

Arrrgh! You see a corn plant and I cannot unsee a scorpion…I almost stepped on one barefoot at my friend’s house.

@newpawn, I’m just having fun, not saying it’s not a corn stalk.

@biker4all , your cuff may remain a mystery. Thank you for showing us the front. I love Hopi work!

Eeeewww my hubby just said it looks like an earwig.