Decisions, decisions

I came across two really fun, rather large necklaces who’s owners have passed and their husbands are looking to let go. They are both going for the same asking price which makes deciding even harder. I have no background info on either of them, so the pictures will have to do the talking. Given the two, which would be the better choice?

Necklace #1 looks to possibly be a boulder or royston type of turquoise. The boarder of each 2"x1" stone has a very thin rope boarder and scroll work. Maybe it’s Mexican? It has an “F” stamped on the back as well as a “S over K” and an “Ligua” ?? scribed on the back. The style of bead changes halfway up the necklace so not sure if top ones are original.

Necklace #2 has very pretty blue stones with an irony looking background and a few shiny spots. I wonder what kind of turquoise it could be. They are 1.5" x 2" pieces. There are no hallmarks or scribing on the back. The large silver feathers add interest and go over the top of the beads. I’m not sure if they were an afterthought? They loop over the foxtail chain and could be easily removed. The simplicity of the rain drops on this one appeals to me.

I’d love to hear any insights you may have into the mystique of either of these necklaces. Thank you in advance for your help and expertise!

9 Likes

I don’t really have any insight other than I like the second one best. And I think I personally would like it best without the leaves, because I like the simplicity of it. But which one are you drawn to?

That’s a lot of turquoise going on, amazing!

2 Likes

They both lovely, and I agree with @Ziacat on the 2nd necklace, and without the leaves also (they’re lovely, but…).

3 Likes

Thank you @RedlandMaggie and @Ziacat for your input. When I put the first necklace on, I got no vibe whatsoever from it. And the color didn’t pop very much. It would be one of those pieces that could only be worn with certain colors. When I put the second one on, it made my eyes well up to take it off. Like the feeling you have when you leave a new puppy home by itself for the first time. I’ve never had a reaction to a piece like that before. Almost like it was choosing me! Clingy little thing! Maybe it’s high maintenance. Lol

8 Likes

I agree with all three of you. The second one because you had such a strong attraction to it but also because the turquoise matches better and the beads seem to match and be higher quality.
I personally always go with my gut reaction to a piece. Go for the one that talks to you! :blush:

3 Likes

@GreenRock To my taste, I’d go with the second piece; I don’t care for the turquoise in the upper piece, and I’m not a fan of dangling feathers. The only issue with the second is how it hangs with the attached upper feather/leaf pieces. But they could always be taken off so the beads beneath would show. Tough choice…good luck!

3 Likes

Second necklace for the win!! And I like the feathers, they’re different. The first necklace just has too much going on, the stones don’t match well, and I also am not a big fan of the dangling feathers. Turquoise on the second necklace is more beautiful and it (construction of whole necklace/materials) appears to be better quality.

6 Likes

For my taste the first one is a bit too fussy. I would get the second.

1 Like

Thank you all! The second one definitely spoke to me. I think I’m going to negotiate on it this weekend. Any idea what kind of turquoise it might be?

2 Likes

Both absolutely beautiful!! I don’t envy you having to make a choice.

1 Like

I pulled the trigger on it! No better way to ward off seasonal depression in the Midwest! Lol

21 Likes

I hear you on that!
Seriously, it’s beautiful. It’s huge!

3 Likes

Glad you got it. It looks great on. Enjoy wearing it!

2 Likes

Wow!! That would certainly lift my mood!! Beautiful!

2 Likes

Wow,looks so much better on! You made the correct choice; beautifu!

3 Likes

Amazing! This is so beautiful :heart:

3 Likes

Oh how I would love to live in your country! Here in France it is difficult to find such beautiful jewels with such turquoises or at an exorbitant price!!
Good choice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If you can, come visit the US! Many of us here could give you all kinds of good advice about where to shop :laughing: and what sights to see.

Because of the area of the US I live in, I travel west to find really good stuff; also because I don’t trust myself to shop online, and I like the memories of where I bought things and the emotions that go with them.

3 Likes

My dream♥️to come visit the US!
Maybe one day!

1 Like