Diamond shaped inlay with center shadowbox center pendant on round and melon bead necklace

I got this diamond shaped pendant necklace a while back and am trying to identify the etched initials. I think they are RPS stacked from top to bottom. I have other pieces by Reyna Platero Secatero but those are stamped the usual way in horizontal letters.
The other thing I’m curious about is that the exterior edges feel like someone has put varnish or something over the inlay. It has a bumpy feel over some of the matrix areas and the white looks like it’s is yellowing in the edges. The center stone does not appear to have been messed with. Does anyone know what might have been used and is there any SAFE way to remove it ?
Thanks for your help.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s a big one!

1 Like

I’ll bet it needs to come live at your house. :blush:

only 1 match found searching r p s

2 Likes

Beautiful. Could the coating have been a bad job at stabilizing?

1 Like

can you post some edge/sideview pictures to see how the stones are connected to the back plate

2 Likes

I’ve taken some edge pictures. I can’t decide if the silver between the inlay is holding it together or if it is blended together with a glue of something.

I put these at medium resolution. I’ll add higher if needed. Thanks

2 Likes

based on side views, square channels, no outer edge bezel, undercuts on the MOP & no visible prongs only 2 possible forces are keeping the outer stones in place.
1: GRAVITY
2: some kind of glue/adhesive

chemical attempts to remove may cause other non-desirable issues such as magnifying the gaps at the edges that right now don’t stand out too bad & loosening the stone enough to cause it to fall out.

my thoughts are to leave as is.

2 Likes

Thanks Steve. I really wasn’t planning to do anything to it because I was I was pretty sure I would just cause a mess. It’s actually a cool pendant and unless you stand there and rub it you don’t really notice it I do still think that there’s a good chance that it’s Reyna Platero Secatero. If she was etching after the fact there’s a good chance that she could’ve switched up.

1 Like