Find out more about this artist on this necklace

2 Likes

I’m thinking this is a great piece by this artist,
Unsure if it’s Cobblestone or Corn row and what’s the difference?
Would love to know if this is a sought after necklace since I find this very intriguing myself, may keep myself but may list someday also, enjoying showing it off for now

2 Likes

You have a treasure here my friend. The artist is Pete Sierra, Navajo.

2 Likes

Thanks I had a feeling it was a good one when I found it!

1 Like

The terms cobblestone and corn row are two different terms for the same thing. Beautiful necklace.

1 Like

Thanks so much, I kept seeing those terms and wondered about it!

1 Like

I have a similiar necklace by Pete Sierra, same chain different pendant. What is approx value on the piece posted above?

Hi, I was told by someone recently that the chain was actually added on later to my pendant and it (The Chain) wasn’t actually made by the artist Pete Sierra, she was very sure of this since she knows Pete Sierra’s work, mine actually broke and I haven’t had it fixed yet but instead I just wear my pendant on chain now. As far as price I have no clue what it’s worth…

1 Like

That’s interesting! I’m certain my chain came with the pendant, and my pendant doesn’t look like it can be removed off the chain. Does yours?

Yes mine was wire strung and broke recently so I still have all the pieces if I decide to have it repaired someday, I’m loving it on a regular snake chain too, especially after she told me the silver pieces did not appear real to her and the turquoise rounds and red coral was faux…she was very sure this was added to the pendant later to make a necklace is all I know. I bought mine on EBay as the necklace in the picture a few years ago

1 Like

You Got me wondering too. Found this post in an article in the “Vintage Shop”

Corn Row or Cobblestone?

These techniques of setting stone against stone in a thick mosaic are related yet different. They are most often seen in Navajo stone work. Both methods require that each stone be rounded or beveled along its top edges before being placed in the desired pattern.

Here is where the differences appear. Corn row refers to similar size pieces of stone set parallel, side by side in a neat row - the edges of each stone are usually rounded. Cobblestone refers to pieces that are fitted perpendicular or angled to each other like you’d see in a stone courtyard. Often cobblestone pieces vary in size and have beveled rather than rounded edges. First is the cornrow like corn on the cob. The second is Cobblestone

1 Like

Thank you! Great read!