Good Afternoon! I hope everyone is having a great day! Can You Please Tell Me If This Mark is Zuni, Navajo or Fake

Hi everyone! There seem to be some confusion about this makers mark. I have seen these listing with the same mark and some have it listed as Navajo and other as Zuni. There is also confusion as to the name of the maker. Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your afternoon/Evening

4 Likes

The confusion is understandable because I know Zuni and Navajo artists who make this style bracelet. I couldn’t find anything on the hallmark. Many times a Zuni silversmith will etch his initials into the work instead of a stamp like this hallmark.

1 Like

I have seen that hallmark before. From this website, it is listed as unknown.

x-hb-1

1 Like

Thank you so much. I missed it because I looked there also. I sincerely appreciate it.

Was this under H or somewhere else?

Under H below the known marks.

1 Like

I found it and thank you so much!!

Does anyone know if there has been an identification on this hallmark yet? I just bought a piece that was represented as Harvey Begaye but the only thing I have found on it is the above unknown designation that the original poster posted. I would love to know more about the artist or if my piece is actually native american or not. Just joined the group so thanks in advance!

This is the hallmark for Harvey Begay.