Hallmark inquiry

Hello, it’s been a while since my last post. I’ve finally gotten the rest of my collection I inherited. I have a few hallmarks I’m trying to find. Hoping you might be able to help, please. Thanks in advance :blush:

Next to last picture is a Tommy Singer Buckle

1 Like

PhilT is Phillip Tso and N. Tso is Nellie Tso

1 Like

Thank you AC! I Really appreciate the help! :blush:

The first one looks like a little cowboy boot. Not sure if it comes through in photo.

It’s not a problem, good practice. I was looking for that boot, it has the initials LT on it, there are a lot of LT’s but I haven’t found one in a boot so far. We would love to see the fronts of the pieces when you get a chance. That doesn’t say LJ on the boot does it? There seems to be a glare where it could be.

1 Like

It looks to my eye to be an LT more. The J could be lost in curve of boot though. Hard to tell. I’ll shoot you fronts pics right away! Thnx!!

This is the Tommy Singer. It’s tiny only 1inch x 2 inch

This is the Nellie Tso. It’s 2” x 3 “

This is Phill Tso weighs 85 grams. There’s 2 of them.

This is the cowboy boot

This is the WMD (I think)

This is the J Begay. (Bad lighting on the stone)

There are no marks on this one. But you might think it’s interesting. Am I right that it’s Sandcast?

1 Like

That wasn’t at all what I was expecting for the Tommy Singer buckle, very classy looking. The matching Phillip Tso cuffs are great. Ok there is a Joe and a Jerome Begay that both use J. Begay as a hallmark, can’t figure out which. And yes, that last one and the the N. Tso one are sandcasted where they carve the design out of sandstone or lava ash then fill it with molten silver.

Such great information, thank you so much!! Was the Sandcast mostly an older style practice? Ie 19??

This is pretty nice, looks fully hand made, beads and all. (The squash blossom necklace)

No they are still doing it today, there are some cool videos on YouTube showing the process.

I have so many pieces that are unmarked. I wish I KNEW who made them as well. Just to be able honor their work. Though, I suppose I do that anyway. Whether I know the name or not. It Doesn’t change how I like a piece & appreciate its beauty. And I LOVE so many of mine! Lol Thanks again for the help!! :blush:

1 Like

Oh cool I’ll be sure to check them out. :+1:

Don’t hesitate to post the unmarked ones either, there are many artist that are or were known for particular styles and designs that didn’t sign their work. so they might can still be identified.

When you post it is helpful to show front & back, as AC was saying, since style is often the deciding factor in identification. I would strongly suspect the Tommy Singer buckle is a real oldie based on the style and belt loop. They are all such nice pieces.

1 Like

Thank you @TryingToLearn. I just grin ear to ear everytime I look at them :blush:. I would like to post them all. I truly enjoy learning about them & sharing them too. I just didn’t want to over extend by asking more than I should. I appreciate the people sharing their knowledge here. But just a warning we might be here a while… there’s a lot more. :woozy_face:. I’ll just post a few more now & check back tomorrow. …front & back lol :+1:. It’s the wee hours of the morning here…I can’t seem to sleep anyway. This will help.

1 Like