Hallmark question on bracelet

Hi all, another piece of my mom’s, nice bracelet she got in the early 90s. I’ve found MT hallmarks for Mike Thompson and Melvin Thompson, checking to see if this hallmark with Thompson spelled out is one of those, or someone else? Thanks as always!!

2 Likes

Beautiful bracelet.
I have only seen jewelry attributed to Mike Thompson With an M above and to the left of the T.

2 Likes

Neither Mike nor Melvin use this hallmark, per Hougart 5th Edition.

Like @fernwood states, Mike uses a conjoined MT with the T dropped below the M. Melvin uses M T. I hope this is helpful.

2 Likes

@tepowell , as people mentioned above, this doesn’t match the marks for either of the M. Thompsons.

I took a look at the mark close up and am wondering if this might actually read H. THOMPSON.

If so, it may align with the following entry – Hardy Thompson – in Bille Hougart’s hallmarks book. (Unfortunately there is no sample of the mark itself for this silversmith.)

If you could look at your mark with a loupe, or take a more focused photo, that should help.

P.S. I agree that the first initial in the photo looks more like an M than an H, but sometimes marks get blurred…!

2 Likes

‘I sharpened the hallmark.
dd29e4a6f73863185210b48146f3652030c673d0

There are way too many artists with the last name Thompson, lol. It looks like VL Thompson, to me. I did some searching, but did not find a Thompson with the fist initial V.

1 Like

I’m wondering if it might possibly be R Thompson.

better shot from a different cuff

6 Likes

Good find! And it certainly takes care of the question, “Are you sure that’s an ‘M’?”

2 Likes

The stamped hallmark in our cuff is really “fuzzy”, thanks!

2 Likes

@Steve Top notch sleuthing!

3 Likes