Help appreciated on telling me what I got

I took the plunge and bought this cuff yesterday at a local pawn shop that was having a sale on its sterling silver. It is 69g, 1 1/16" wide, inside length 5 13/16" with a 15/16" opening. Fits my wrist very well, once I figured out the trick to getting it on without gouging myself. Yes, it tested positive for the silver–but more exciting to me is the turquoise. Is it what I am thinking it is, with that pretty webbing and brownish-red matrix?
The cuff itself is heavy gauge, overlay, deeply stamped. An Internet search brought up somewhat similar work by Navajo artisan Emerson Bill and family–but there is no hallmark. Ideas on the age, artist and possibly the value of this cuff?
Your thoughts and input are gratefully appreciated!

6 Likes

While I don’t recognize the work, this is an absolutely fantastic piece and I’m happy you snagged this. The “Greek key” motif was really popular in the 50’s and 60’s in architecture and home decor. I’m not seeing enough patina on the turquoise to say it’s from the 50’s, so maybe 1960’s or so. The turquoise is fantastic, and my best guess is that it would be Lone Mountain. I don’t like to play to turquoise guessing game, but that black, spiderweb matrix in combination with just a little bit of gold peeking through is a distinct feature I often see in LM turquoise

2 Likes

Thank you, I was hoping the turquoise looked like a possible Nevada source, was thinking Red Mountain maybe. If there were some way to figure out who might have crafted the cuff, it could be a clue as to turquoise source. More opinions very welcome!

2 Likes

You just won the lottery with that turquoise, I would agree with Bigbree. Lone Mountain.

2 Likes

–And, to clinch it, Gene Waddell, the current owner of Lone Mountain, agrees!

2 Likes