Help ID Turquoise Stone

Hello all! Can anyone offer there opinion on the name and /or mine of my Turquoise stone in my ring? Thanks

4 Likes

No idea on mine. Just wanted to say it is a really pretty stone with the blue and green together. :blush:

2 Likes

I have some Turquoise jewelry which also has the green and blue colors.
Natural (unstabilized) Turquoise can change colors due to body oils and other things.
A piece of Turquoise can vary in hardness. The softer areas can turn a greenish color, while the harder areas remain light blue.

3 Likes

The pattern of your matrix makes me think of Carico Lake turquoise. Carico Lake is noted for its greens but some blue does come from the area. Here is a photo of some Carico Lake with a similar pattern. I’m sure there there are other mines with similar too. Hope this helps, Kyle

Carico lake

2 Likes

Thank you Kyle. It helps a lot… The woman I purchased this from aquired it in the late 70’s, she told me. (would explain @fernwood’s comment above, perhaps) Stone looks natural to me…I truly appreciate the input!

1 Like

The ring definitely has some age. Could possibly be a piece of Blue Gem Turquoise. Enjoy it.

3 Likes

Thanks so much Jason!