Help identifying a artist and signature

Hello everyone! I’m new to this forum and to collecting turquoise jewelry. I’ve bought this bracelet and I’m wondering if you can help me with the maker? I’ve never posted on a forum before so if my pictures don’t work, I’m very sorry.

4 Likes

The script reads “Sterling.” This bracelet is a contemporary piece, and the stones appear to be block turquoise. I think you might have a really difficult time identifying the maker with only one letter as a hallmark. Best of luck trying to ID it :grin:

1 Like

Yes, I don’t know how I didn’t see that it said Sterling. The backstory on this bracelet is that I bought it 20 years ago on eBay for $200 or $300 and then put it in a drawer because I felt like it was to bold to wear. During the Covid shut down I decided to clean my jewelry drawer and found it. Now that I’m almost 50, I decided I’d wear what I wanted and not worry about what anyone else thought. I’ve bought a Thomas Francisco inlay piece and this beautiful beast is coming in the mail today. as my 50 bday present. I’ve really tried to learn about turquoise jewelry and always wondered about the piece I bought 20 years ago.

5 Likes

That is a really good looking bracelet you have coming, almost looks like Ernest Roy Begay with those big drops. Do you know who made it?

Yes, Calvin Martinez and it just arrived today. I’m in love…

6 Likes

Two more pictures, just to be sure, thank you for your time!

1 Like

Happy Belated 50th! Turquoise is such a beautiful stone, and you have some lovely pieces.
You are very wise to wear jewelry you like. These are sure to lift your spirits whenever you wear them.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I’m getting spunky in my old age!

2 Likes