Help identifying hallmark of a piece

Hi there! Would anyone be able to help me identify the artist of the following piece. It was something my grandmother purchased in AZ. Thank you so much.
Christy

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. This is a shop piece, that C is most likely the inlayer. Showed a couple of artists I know that work this type of shop work and they didn’t know the mark. It does look like the piece could have some age.

1 Like

Follow me here…
First thing my search popped up was an inlay butterfly brooch on ebay with the same hallmark AND the pictomark/shop mark which you can barely see on your piece…I copied your pic, rotated and enlarged it to see it better.

Link to ebay item- Zuni Inlay Butterfly Pendant Brooch Sterling Signed C Turquoise Coral Lapis | eBay

From the ebay pic, we can see the shop mark better and a search on that lead me to this-

This agrees with @Jason posted about it being a shop piece and the “C” being the inlayer.
At least this provides you with additional leads to perhaps locate the actual artist. Good Luck!

3 Likes

Thank you both so much for your help! I am new here and I appreciate everyone’s generosity. Have a great day.

Thank you so much for your help!!!