Help With Turquoise ID Beaded Necklace

Would love help identifying the turquoise in this necklace. Is it possibly from different mines? The color variations are the same but the matrix seems varied as well as some of the cabs with pyrite some without. Any guesses on age and value? I’m on the fence on whether to keep this one.

The one stone is Royal Web Turquoise (New Landers), first image third from top. https://www.google.com/search?q=royal+web+turquoise&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiO0ZeU34rbAhUK8IMKHdSwCeIQ_AUICigB&biw=1680&bih=887
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1680&bih=887&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=omj8WtbqOIGJjwT3t5jgAg&q=new+lander+turquoise&oq=new+lander+turquoise&gs_l=img.3..0j0i24k1l2.105542.106697.0.106873.10.10.0.0.0.0.177.1205.2j8.10.0....0...1c.1.64.img..2.8.1032...0i7i30k1j0i8i7i30k1.0.KfrD21OE4Ew
It is possible they all are, the mine has some different looks.

Hi Jason,
Yes the smaller drop pendants along the top are the ones that I was referring to as maybe being different than the central pendant. It’s weird they are different yet similar at the same time. Do you have thoughts on the value of this piece? I hope I am making wise purchases but I’m still learning.

Did you get a picture of the hallmark? It looks like those top beads might be plated, the bottom are machine. The silver work is fairly simple, it is the stone that makes this piece unique. What are the sizes of those stones?

That’s a good eye on the smaller beads. I noticed they were different in color than the larger beads but had assumed that they were cleaned at some point. I am embarrassed to say that I do not have a silver tester at home and have always relied on the seller to give an accurate description of the item. That is my bad. I have ordered one and will be able to test the beads tomorrow. There are no hallmarks on the maker or silver content.

The seller had described the piece as Zuni and sterling silver. The stones are not too large. The pendant is 2”x2” and the stones are roughly 1” by 1” to 1 1/4. I have included a picture of it on for scale. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

So we would think of this style of work as being Navajo. The stones have a very nice look and that is what this necklace is about. I think of the piece being around $300.

Jason,
When I read your posts I always learn something new. I have several other green stones that I would love your help with. Thanks Again.
Darlene