Huge Concho Belt Assistance

I am hoping to identify the maker of this beautiful belt! I also need a ballpark value on it once I identify the silversmith. I got it at auction and probably paid too much. The number of cabs on it really blew my mind! I have gone through the normal resources but have not come up with anything for certain on the AB hallmark. I suppose value is really dependant on the maker.

35 inches long. weighs in at 611g. 9 slides and the buckle all measuring 2.6 inches x 1.9 inches. 154 cabs total! Too many Turquoise types to mention(that might be a fun exercise!).
Thanks in advance!

13 Likes

OMG! Have never seen anything like it before.

Might want to check out Anna Begay. She did some bracelets that were similar.

1 Like

No help here but wow, that’s impressive

1 Like

Spectacular, they’re like tiles. I want to tile my shower with them!

2 Likes

I don’t know the artist hallmark, but I think that isn’t going to make a difference in the price. Most likely this is piece work. The range on this belt could be huge, low-end $3200 up to $6000.

1 Like

Great score Christibo.

Beautiful! I doubt you paid too much

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I feel much better now! Wish I could ID the Silversmith…

I guess I didn’t pay too much after all! I will be letting it go at my shop for well under Jason’s estimate. It was really cool to just handle such a chunky piece, with so many types of Turquoise! Someday someone will get the idea to create a nice solid sterling map with turquoise cabs just like the Turquoise of the Southwest posters. That will be the day of my demise!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What beautiful piece!

1 Like

My husband’s aunt had one just like this!!

1 Like

I am glad to see you are the one! Nice belt!

1 Like

You have a shop? Where?