I can't find this mark identified anywhere on line.

I have an old large belt buckle with the word “sterling” and what appear to be the initials UY. Can you help me identify the artist?

Welcome to the forum. This is going to be a tough one to crack. Couldn’t find anything with a UY. Something like JY makes more sense. Once you start looking at Yazzie names it can become really difficult because of the number of smiths, good luck.

1 Like

I tried to bring up some more detail in the signature but there just isn’t enough there to work with.
what does stand out though is the letter " T " in the STERLING stamp.

instead of a straight line cross a tilde was used.
find other examples stamped with this unique character and you might get lucky

Could the letter after the U also be a Tilda style T?