I’m trying to figure out any info on some Torquise I believe is real and confirmed harness and the origin was in my yard Thank you all for the input so to clarify, I was digging by a small tree in my yard and found a over 100 pieces all in veins and aroun

No turquoise, or Howlite deposits in our yard, but we do have a paraplegic possum who lives under our Gulf Coast elevated house, and comes out to feast on table scraps now and then.

Raccoons too. We see them raiding on the doorbell cam. We keep the trash secured so they just explore and move on.

2 Likes

The other thing about moving to SE Texas from New Mexico was the culture shock at the way Texans take care of their yards. They’re immaculate! Immaculate!!! We marveled at this, and then the yard crew came by. Once a week, they mow and trim, and it’s $30. The efficiency is amazing, they’re in and out in about 5 minutes.

3 Likes

Okay, so I know this has nothing to do with turquoise. But your comment on the poor little paraplegic possum made me remember this joke.

Why did the chicken cross the road in Indiana? To prove to the possum it could be done…:laughing:

3 Likes

Ok, so my yard has burped up a few things, mostly toys. This one I kept.

9 Likes

My yard routinely burps up shards of Victorian to early 20th c. English pottery dishware. It’s fun. And the occasional worked flint and arrowheads.

…aaaand I think we’ve officially derailed the thread. :yum:

6 Likes

I love these, I had taken sea glass and shards like the ones you posted and covered my kitchen ceiling in them. I did swirl patterns and vine like lines.
I started when my boys were babies (they are 19/17 now) I would do it when they were napping or down for the night, it was so relaxing and a way for me to decompress after a long day with 2 rambunctious toddlers.

6 Likes

How kind of you to feed the opossum :heart:

4 Likes

i desperately need to see a picture of your ceiling.

6 Likes

I had a house that was on a dry River bed. I found all kinds of plate shards and toys.

2 Likes

This is such a fun thread! “Burping” yards and paraplegic opossums🥴. I live on 10 acres, and sadly nothing interesting has been “burped” up. We have, however had a baby raccoon on the top of our covered arena,
@Wyattccavanaugh, I’m still trying to understand how these apparent beads were found in a “vein”. It’s been interesting, can’t understand if they are not dyed Howlite and Magnesite, what are they? Lots of knowledge in this group, wish we could have helped you. Certainly not turquoise… maybe they were left buy visiting aliens😆.

11 Likes

Aww, your raccoon is adorable!

2 Likes

All our yard is good for is burping up dandelions. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

another possibility how these stones were found around roots in

somebody emptied, dumped, or replanted a terrarium or planter

7 Likes

Cute raccoon. Hope it got down ok. Our neighbor’s cat ended up on their roof!

He did get down after much coaxing with treats.

2 Likes

Such a clever suggestion. Plausible!

I was thinking I have 5 acres in PA and we have lots of rocks that get burped up but unfortunately none of them are blue! Had a pet racoon when I was a kid too; cute little fella up there!

2 Likes

There were 3 youngsters up on the arena roof! I didn’t see it, but my husband said they leaped off, landed on their feet and took off running! 16ft! Tough critters!

2 Likes

Lawn care for $30?? That’s a steal! But of course if the yard is postage stamp sized, then I understand ! :smiley:

My yard doesn’t burp up anything good. Hard to believe it used to be a farm because I can’t grow squat here and it’s all rocks and poor soil. We do have lots of critters, and they all want to come in.

Opened my sun room door one day and was faced with this guy. The day before, I spent 30 minutes chasing the same snake around my garage after I opened my door and he fell in my back door. I carried him far back into the woods the second time. But we have precious few rodents. :wink:

Oh. And he peed on my table.

3 Likes

Oh nooooo…I don’t mind snakes, but not in my house!

2 Likes

@Ziacat it was a shock! We stared at each other for a couple seconds; guess we gave each other a good scare!

2 Likes