I Need Help Identifying this Makers Mark

I recently purchased this Angel Pendant and need help with the Mark. I’m not finding anything like. I’m also wondering if it’s a Sandcast piece? I ask that because of the roughness on the front where the back is more polished. Thank You for Any Help, Much Appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Can’t help with the hallmark, but this piece is most likely hand fabricated with a reticulated surface. In this case it looks like the reticulation was created by sprinkling silver filings over a heavily fluxed surface, and then heating to cherry red, fusing the filings to the formerly smooth surface of the metal. This would be done before the settings and twist wire were soldered on, and the stamp work applied.

Very nice pendant!

1 Like

Thank You Michael, Great Info and I appreciate your time. I too thought it was a Thunderbird until I saw a different view of it and saw that there was a Halo. So the artist adapted the design for another meaning. :innocent:

1 Like

Was thinking it also looks a bit like a dragonfly, but I love Angel! Used to have a Steve that worked for me, but I’m Michael, or Mike if you prefer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh Good Grief, So Sorry for the name mix-up Michael :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like