I need help identifying this ring

I bought this

ring at an estate sale and I would like to know more about it. The initials on the back are TT.

Not trying to be rude here, but the ring was probably made offshore and sold in a “tourist shop”. Although it is stamped sterling it may not be so if you wear it watch for signs of irritation to your finger. If this happens it should be tested by a jeweler. At best, even if it is Indian made, it was meant for the masses as there are literally hundreds of thousands like it.
However, it is colourful and is a nice piece of “bling” for your finger.

Hello SevernSound.
Just wondering what you observed about this ring that identified it to you as being made overseas and not sterling? I am in no way challenging your identification, I would just like to know what ‘process of observation or elimination’ you used to make your determination.
Thanks, Jenn

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you.
I have seen this type of “Native American” jewelry in tourist shops all over the southwest. It is usually made off shore either in China or the Philippines. The workmanship is poor, by the looks of the uneven bezel and the soldering and the design is simplistic and mass produced. The “stones” appear to be made from block or simply plastic.
I am by no means trying to insult you, it just annoys the heck out of me that there are unscrupulous sellers out there who literally take the food off the table of honest sellers and NA artists by selling this as the real thing.
Here endith the sermon for the day.

1 Like

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such a clear tutorial, and for sharing your knowledge of Native American jewelry. I really appreciate having specific examples of what to look for when I am trying to determine if a piece of Native American jewelry is genuine or not! There is no better ‘weapon’ than education in protecting ourself from unscrupulous sellers and scammers.
In no way am I insulted! When I asked for clarification it was because I lacked the knowledge to determine this item was fake.
Cheers! Jenn

2 Likes