Inlay bracelet: Authentic or not?

Hi Everyone, This is my second post about some new pieces I’ve acquired that I’d like your eyes and input on. I’ve put them in different posts so I don’t get the pics and comments mixed up. I’ve attached pics of an inlay bracelet I found. I like it because of the rather unusual pattern and choice of stones. There is no maker’s hallmark, only a Sterling stamp (not 925 and not italicized) I don’t know enough about inlay work to distinguish pieces that are Native American made from the pieces that are made in the Philippines or other foreign countries. So I’d like your thoughts on the piece and some pointers on distinguishing Native American made from the not-so when they don’t have a maker’s mark or initials. Also, are some of the dotted and feather-like designs considered micro-inlay? Thanks!

2 Likes

Boy, I really have a hard time with this kind of inlay. I know there is wonderful real stuff, but a lot of fake (not saying yours is fake). If you type in fake inlay on the search bar on this forum you can check out a bunch of posts on the topic. If I were to buy any, I would limit myself to VERY well known reputable shops, but that’s just me.

3 Likes

Thanks Ziacat for the reference to the previous posts. I checked them out and learned a lot!

2 Likes

Welcome. It’s very pretty, and I’m sure others on here with more knowledge will help.

1 Like