Is this Buckle a Elliott Qualo? Thanks

Greetings from California.
Anyone aware of this Hallmark being that of Elliott Qualo? As well, anyone have other works 2 share possibly?
Thanks 2 all, Bartleby

1 Like

Wow, nice piece! I did some research and found the following hallmark for ELLIOTT QUALO on http://www.art-amerindien.com/signature_picto-hallmarks.htm#zuni

There are also other pieces listed on ebay.com which have the same hallmark and are described as being from ELLIOTT QUALO. So I think this is a beautiful piece made by him - I suppose from the 70ties?

1 Like

I found this one online:

And here’s the mark:

I almost thought that they were the same buckle from the same source, but notice how the one I found online is missing two pieces of shell inlay from the legs! But both buckles have the same mark in the same exact area.

1 Like

Thank you Maggie.
As well, Much Thanks for taking the time. Its a very solid Hallmark. Best

They come and go. When one finds you, its always a pleasure. Thank you, you went out of your way. Very kind of you Bree.
Find any new goodies at the flea? Love to see em.
I am seperating items into sales /kept.
As I have a 26 year storage, this is a process.
Will keep u posted if still into it.
This goes for everyone on Turquoise People who has been kind & helpful. I am on Facebook as Jonathan Dearborn.
Look for Antiques, art, native items…Irish English in San Fran…thats moi.

1 Like

26 years wow! That must be a difficult task. I have not been to the flea market since my last post, work has kept me from doing so :disappointed:

And yes, I would like to look over your collection that you intend to sell, when you are ready.

1 Like

There’s quite a bit on Facebook. An entire Collection. Some for sale. Add daily. Request under name : Jonathan Dearborn You will notice the name of my old Antique Shop, Barrell Stave. I live in San Francisco, California. Hope to hear from u soon. Jon

1 Like

I will definitely be checking out your sale Bartleby! So where do you sell what you find Bree? I have an etsy shop and a brick & mortar in NE Ohio called elwrayrecords.com , koliopeedesigns.etsy.com
Come by or stop in if your in town anytime!
~Stefanie