Is this stone real?

Got this at an online auction. Seller said it came from China. It’s a fairly lightweight stone. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Looks like a piece of turquoise.

Thanks for the reply, Jason. I really appreciate it.

Hope nobody takes offense, but I see a fudge brownie. :slight_smile: Beautiful color Turquoise! Thanks for posting and welcome!!

3 Likes

Ha! It does look rather delicious. Thanks for the welcome and it seems my concerns have been allayed.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Is this stone real?:

Here is the finished piece.

4 Likes

With pistachio ice cream!

2 Likes

That’s very attractive!

2 Likes

Hi, Nice piece, My guess would be from Hubei province, China. The turquoise from there is noted for its large bands of very black matrix.Here is a few pics.7 from the internet and 4 cabs I cut. Judging by the gloss of your polish I would say the stones are not stabilized, You can test it without sticking a hot needle in it. simply wet your bottom lip and touch the stone to it. when you pull away a raw stone will stick slightly. A stabilized stone is waterproof so it will not suck in the moisture of a wet lip and will not stick to it. Hope this helps in your search’ Kyle

images

3 Likes

Hi, Kyle. Very helpful. I honestly thought the stone was fake. Your cabs look identical to mine, which is very reassuring. Nice too, btw. Thanks so much for your feedback.
Juli

2 Likes