Is this turquoise; would you buy it?

I am also glad you bought it. It looks similar to the turquoise in a Rick Martinez cuff that I have. It was listed as Morenci but is a more somber color than the others I have. I hope you have a wonderful surprise when you open the package! :blush:

1 Like

Did you win the auction?

@TaraFawn75. I did!! Now just to wait the week out for it to arrive… I’m eager to get it!

@Islandmomma also wondering what it is. It doesn’t look dissimilar to a pendant I had posted here before that people guessed Blue Diamond or Stormy Mountain, I believe. But also looks a bit like Kyle’s second picture he posted here. But who knows what it will like in person; indoor lighting does play tricks on turquoise color.

2 Likes

You’ll be posting a pic wearing it once you get it, right :grin:

3 Likes

Oooh! Please post pics when you receive :blush: Id love to see pics of the turquoise.

2 Likes

Of course! :grin: Hopefully my photography skills will be slightly better!

3 Likes

Practice makes perfect. :rofl: looking forward to seeing your beautiful necklace! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well, I got it on Friday! It came amazingly fast. Looks to be the real McCoy to me… I’m very pleased and wowed! :grin: The white spots that the seller was worried about looks like white host rock. Lots of depth and variety in the matrix on each stone.

It does look like it may have been restrung at some point…the catch and chain look…different.

Definitely a statement necklace! It was a good gamble!

14 Likes

It looks beautiful on you. Great buy!!

4 Likes

Oh wow, very pretty, It’s huge! And lovely on! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

It looks wonderful on you! I think you did well. The clasp is ok, bench beads and pretty turquoise. I love the “angel wing” silver work on the sides of the stones. Good job! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Islandmomma thank you! Yes, a little different than other NA pieces I’ve seen in construction. I kinda like that it’s a bit of an oddity. :smiley: I do wonder who created it. Y’all will see me coming!

1 Like

Love love love it! Looks fabulous on you :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Thank y’all for the kind compliments!

2 Likes

Gorgeous turquoise! Most of my native made necklaces (Navajo and Santa Domingo)have that same clasp. And I bought them at legit places; some at the Indian Art Market the Eiteljorg Western Art Museum in Indianapolis holds every year. If you are ever in Indiana check that museum out!

1 Like

Wow! I love it! It fits you perfectly!

1 Like

Thanks!

@Ziacat You know, those clasps are really quite secure. Simple but I’ve never had one come undone or slip off.

I wore this necklace to a wedding back in April…with an orange dress! I am very happy with this purchase.

7 Likes

A year later and I forgot how stunning that necklace is, a great buy!

2 Likes

Thank you @markyboy57

1 Like

And I love the orange with the turquoise!

2 Likes