Kakiki turquoise coral and claw necklace and cuff

Acquired this recently and am interested in finding out about the turquoise in the set.

13 Likes

What a massive piece, great find. I would call that Kingman.

5 Likes

Wow, amazing piece! Congratulations

3 Likes

Beautiful! What a treasure!

2 Likes

Well… I really like this work, so much so that I started trying to find out who Kakiki was.
In doing that, I clicked the watch button on several Kakiki pieces on eBay thinking if they sold, I would have a better idea of their values. After a number of days, one of the sellers actually made contact and offered the piece she had at a hefty percentage off of the asking price…so now I’m waiting for it to arrive. :drooling_face:
I still haven’t found much info on Casa Kakiki and weather there ever was a person named Kakiki involved, or who was behind the whole thing. It would be great to find a list of the artist that were involved.

4 Likes

I agree. I started researching and then went back to work etc. etc. I also had an eBay seller approach me but that particular one still wanted $1500 just for the necklace. Needless to say I didn’t need it because I already had mine. And the bracelet. I got real lucky on that one. Are you going to post a picPicture of yours?

2 Likes

Better ones when I get it. This is one from the seller.

6 Likes

I wish it had the fluted beads like yours does!

3 Likes

That one you are getting is awesome! Like that second drop with the exposed claws. I can’t tell from that picture if the beads are handmade or not. I also can’t decide about my fluted ones. They are the only fluted beads I own and I think they are bench made but I’d like to know for sure.
I’ll be waiting to see your pictures! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Thanks, her pictures are not that great so I’m anxious to get a good look at the turquoise.

3 Likes

WoW! You two know how to pick the special stuff for sure! Have you been able to photograph your piece AC? Im dying to see it close :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Thanks
~Koliopeee

@koliopee, Yes I did, I posted it here.

2 Likes