Knifewing with silver work by Little Joe Begay

I do not know yet who did the lapidary work. It has some textural carving on the wings
The tomahawk hallmark is from Little Joe Begay who would have done the silver work, then It would be passed to someone else who would do the lapidery work, he worked for C. G. Wallace among others. It measures 2-11/16" x 2-11/16" and weighs 29g.

8 Likes

This is excellent Jeff, you have good taste!

3 Likes

I love knifewings, that’s a beauty!

3 Likes

There is a large rainbow man also! He has some damage to his hand that I will need to find someone to repair.

6 Likes

@AC, those are outstanding! Talk about coincidental, yesterday, I purchased my first Knifewing from Martha Struever’s collection. I needed a smaller one because the plan is to use it as a hat pin down on the knot. Mine is approximately 1 1/2" diameter and weighs 8 grams. Blue Gem turquoise. Unsigned. Circa 1940s. I must have looked at 100 of them before deciding on this one.

Hopefully, this will turn into the Knifewing and Rainbow Man thread and we’ll see more from other collections.

6 Likes

Their is always some confusion around Ike and Austin Wilson. Found this write up and it attributes the work to Austin Wilson, who most likely did the silver work for C.G. Wallace.

1 Like

@Jason, I was going on the last sentence of this entry for C. G. Wallace from Bille Hougart’s latest book.

1 Like