Large Charoite cuff by Secatero

Met with a old friend that I hadn’t seen in several years and did a little horse trading. This is one of the pieces I ended up with. The cuff is only stamped Secatero and sterling. All of the hallmarks I’m finding are different and mostly initials of the person not just a family last name.
It is a large cuff that weighs 72g and stands 2 3/8” tall. The stone is approximately 2” by 1 1/4”.
I’m curious to know whether it is legitimately Native American and what the approximate value might be. I believe the price sticker was on it when they purchased it but have no idea whether it has any basis in reality.
The stone is a nice deep purple but I was having trouble getting good pictures today. Thanks in advance for the help. This forum has been a great learning experience. Love it!

1 Like

I don’t find a hit in the old books on Secatero being spelled out. Possible that it may be a younger generation Secatero. My rule of thumb on items with price stickers it to cut it by half at least, that should put you at the high end of the value. I love Charoite, it just pulls you in! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve been wanting a large dark piece for a long time and the best part is that my friend and I traded. The cuff she got was a light piece of Charoite that someone else had given me in a bag of jewelry she no longer wore. Think I made out like a bandit!