Large Turquoise Jacala

I have this large Turquoise Jacala. I thought it would be much smaller as I believed the measurements given to me included the Jacala but that was not the case. It is 34 inches long total, six inches on the Jacala and 3 inches on the silver tips. Seeking info. Is it possible to date? Would this be Navajo or possibly Santo Domingo and what type of value would you put it. I’m guessing Kingman on the Turquoise?
Appreciate all the help.

4 Likes

It’s beautiful. I’m a newbie, but I would guess pueblo. I’ll be interested to see what someone more experienced says.
Just beautiful though.

This is really nice. We sell new ones by Lupe Lovato from Santo Domingo for $525. Your necklace is nicer and has those killer larger cuts of turquoise, I would put this around $1200. This is a dying style of necklace and you just have a hard time getting good ones. Last year at Indian Market I would see artists doing this style of work and would want several thousand for their new creations.

3 Likes

Hi Jason. Thanks so much for your help with this piece. It’s great news. When I received it I knew it was substantial. The center turquoise itself is an inch thick but I was unsure on the craftsmanship and the value. It was hard to find comparables online. Most are smaller and delicate with matching stones. Where this is large stones and all about the colorful mix of matrix.

Thanks and welcome to the site.