Looking for any info on this.

4 Likes

Welcome! You will learn a lot here. Looks like a lovely Navajo squash blossom necklace with turquoise (you may know that already of course, but wasn’t sure). I don’t see any Hallmark on the back anywhere, am I missing it? I’m not an expert, just have spent a lot of time looking, buying, and learning. I’ll let the others here that are more expert speak in greater detail. I’ve bought a lot of stuff, just not any squash blossoms. They’re a little heavy for me.

Do you know anything about the necklace; like where and when it was bought?

3 Likes

I know very little. I was told it was old, and thought it would be a good gift for the gf.

3 Likes

I hope someone else jumps in. People selling seem like they always say “old.” But it looks nice to me. Others here will be able to speak better to age, whether the beads are handmade, etc. Looks like a nice gift! Sometimes I can make a guess on which mine the turquoise is from, but don’t have one for these.

3 Likes

Nice squash blossom necklace, I’m pretty sure the beads are handmade and the turquoise looks nice. I would buy it.
Let’s let the experts chime in.

3 Likes

interesting clasp style. possibly restrung?

3 Likes

Perhaps. I know very little about these. I was hoping someone might offer some insight even if it is just an opinion.

1 Like

What are you looking for exactly as insight? How much it’s worth? Age? Whether you should buy it? @Islandmomma gave her opinion. @Steve was prob asking about the clasp because whether it was added later might tell others on here something regarding the age. Was the person who said it was old on Etsy or eBay, or was it someone from a reputable shop? I bet if you wait a bit others may have more input. But basically it looks like a nice Navajo Squash Blossom with real turquoise (I can’t tell if it’s natural or stabilized).

My opinion is if my hubby bought it for me, I’d be pretty happy.

3 Likes

I didn’t see the cracked stone. That will affect the price.

That isn’t cracked, but does look like it in the photo.

1 Like

I’m not educated enough to know what to ask. Approximate age or anything about it would be nice. It’s from a reputable source.

2 Likes

In what sense isn’t it cracked? It’s not part of the stone. If you run your finger along that area don’t you feel a break?

3 Likes

If it’s from a reputable source then ask whatever questions you feel necessary. I would ask what the background was on it, what they thought about age, if they had any idea of type of turquoise (which at best is an educated guess without provenance).
Lastly, if you feel they are asking too much money, feel free to make down a reasonable offer. Or ask if they have any wiggle room on the price. If you do it nicely, you may find that you get a better deal. It’s actually a very pretty necklace.

3 Likes

What looks like a crack in the photo isn’t. I’m not sure if it was an odd shadow or what, but it isn’t a crack.

1 Like

Restrung. Looks like it has a cover type bead on the right side. Endings finished with crimp beads.