Looking for info on Tigua Indians

I’m wondering if anyone out there might have information on Tigua Indians. The only thing I’ve been able to gather is that they are Isleta Del Sur Pueblo.

I’m still contemplating this piece which is inscribed Tigua on the back. It’s beckoning me to restring it to a shorter collar length and to switch the end two stones so the feathers are more grouped. It’s calling to me and it’s making me crazy! I’m hoping more info might draw an answer. As always, thank you all for chiming in!

6 Likes

Here are two articles about the tribe. I like the necklace as it is-just my opinion.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Islandmomma ! My brother now lives in TX…maybe that’s the draw.

1 Like

I’d be happy to wear it for you so you don’t have to take it apart. Lol

2 Likes

I wouldn’t switch the stones. I personally like the right side which is the original placement with the narrow end of the stone toward the center stone and flaring outward. The left side shows what you are contemplating. Not a huge difference though. I would either get rid of the outside feathers and make earrings with them (my first choice) or drill a hole through the center of a lower curl and attach the feathers through that, bringing the feathers closer to the center. Very pretty necklace!

1 Like

I like your first idea the best. Matching feather earrings would be good.

1 Like

Thank you for that suggestion @snowday . That’s a great idea. I do feel it needs to be shortened a little tho. It appears that newer beads were added to lengthen the back at some point in time. The other necklace consigned by the same woman had an extender on it which I took off because it hung so long. I’m so short and it fit me better without it! Lol

8 Likes

Wow now that I see it I do agree it’ll look better (and be more comfy) shortened. Talk about a statement piece!

2 Likes

I agree - it needs to be shortened. It is beautiful and against your black shirt it really pops. Let us know what you decide

2 Likes

That picture says it all—puts everything into perspective. Now I agree that the three stone necklace needs shortening. I hope you’re buying both pieces. Fantastic looking!

1 Like

Those are both beautiful.

I’m like you…don’t like a long necklace flapping around. It does need shortening.

1 Like