Maker ID help please

I looked at that also and finally decided that it looks like tarnished silver. Most of their pictures are not very good.

1 Like

Oh wow, you’re probably correct. I’ve seen other earring sets by him (in pics only) with a repousse silver element.

1 Like

It appears we have a lot of people on the xxxxxx auction site. I think it would be cool if people posted some of their best snags. Perhaps we will recognize the purchases made by others.:grin:. Who outbid me on these gorgeous earrings by Martinez? :rofl:

2 Likes

I shopped a lot on SG during the pandemic - scored quite a few things, hopefully didn’t outbid anyone here :flushed: - although it wasn’t too hard for anyone to outbid me.

3 Likes

dangit nanc - the first rule of your shopping honey hole, is never talk about your shopping honey hole. :wink:

5 Likes

Sorry…perhaps I should delete…:grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

No, of course not. Listing your source was a kindness to the group.

4 Likes

I don’t generally shop for Native American jewelry online, but I have posted the stores I like to shop in, so that’s kinda the same!

2 Likes

oh my goodness no - i was kidding. :wink:

3 Likes

by the way, these are gorgeous and they were on my watch list until they went over my max budget. :smiley:

2 Likes

I picked up this lot a couple weeks ago. An early signed Joan Slifka clip on earrings. Love her heart bracelets! This lot was $20.

2 Likes

Three of my bestest bargains on a particular unnamed site:

$11 in 2019 (yess, $11.00) Derrick Gordon purple spiny

$35 in 2021, hallmarked Joe and Terry Reano

$32 in 2022, no hallmark

6 Likes

I :heart: purple spiny oyster anything.

2 Likes

Maybe someone can help me with what turquoise is in this necklace I picked up a few years ago. And is that the purple spiney oyster you mentioned?

4 Likes

that’s a beaut! def looks like chunky purple spiny on the sides, but any guess at the turquoise would be a wild one. overall it’s got a very earthy, masculine sort of look to it. i dig it!

3 Likes

I bought these two cuff on said auction site. Both for $60. Spent $20 to send to Rocky at Perry Null to replace missing stone….they did a great job!! Left is inlay cuff by El Gasper. Right is Jonathon Nez.

5 Likes

Super luck @nanc9354 . With all the auction site hunters out there it’s nice to see someone hit on a bargain now and then.

2 Likes

ahem…just saw carved eagle head pendant sell for $225 on ebay yesterday. got mine-same artist-for $27.
:wink:

4 Likes

The prices there have gone berserk.

5 Likes

Yes they have. I hardly find any bargains. I haven’t bought anything in weeks. It used to be easy pickings.

2 Likes