Married or Original Carved Zuni Bird?

Hey Guys!

Won this guy in an auction for dirt cheap and I was wondering if y’all thought that the bird is original to the necklace or was it pieced together? Can anyone tell what the bird is carved from? Should I just take the bird off and put it on a nicer necklace??

1 Like

Love the bird. What are you thinking about type of turquoise? Can you give us a close-up of bird, stone beads, silver beads?

1 Like

Also, what is measurement of bird and total weight of necklace. Does bird look like this piece of Ocean Jasper image

2 Likes

Do you think this might be a seal? Perhaps it’s more northwestern/Alaskan? Sorry, I know I didn’t answer your question on whether it’s original. It’s cool though…maybe a longer heftier rope necklace?

1 Like

I would call the material serpentine. Also, would call that a bird with the carved wing. It would look good with strands of heishe.

1 Like

I’m not sure about the turquoise🤔 I love how they’re cut, but there’s so little matrix it’s hard to tell.

1 Like

When I see this color of Turquoise I think of California, Nevada, Arizona -the Southwest in general. Jason’s idea of heishe sounds nice. Maybe restring the original turquoise with heishe.