Navajo wolf pendant

Hello
Does anyone know an navajo silversmith with the hallmark N ?

1 Like

Hallmarks consisting just of one letter are really hard to identify. Therefore it would be really helpful if you could post some pictures of the front of the item. Is it a necklace or a pendant? Is it stamped Sterling? If providing more information there would be a chance to identify the artist by style & hallmark.

Thanks for your help. I know that is realy difficult to identify.
All the best
Max

Is this two different pieces? It appears the first has feathers and a claw, the second neither?

No it is One piece. I have cut off the Feather

I don’t believe this to be a Navajo made piece. The piece is a finding https://www.google.com/search?biw=1678&bih=886&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=SZ8DWpb4G8mV0wLwgLZ4&q=wolf+silver+findings&oq=wolf+silver+findings&gs_l=psy-ab.3...51774.55436.0.55528.22.18.1.0.0.0.158.1845.2j12.14.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..7.8.1173...0j0i67k1j0i5i30k1j0i8i30k1.0.qdg5DKOClxM.

What makes you believe it is Navajo? The N hallmark could be an artist who added the feathers and claw.

I found a similar piece on eBay available- similar, but different.

The maker is a company called RetroTech. I’m thinking that this is a manuafactured piece, not native made

I found this on etsy:

Gene Natan Navajo Sterling Silver Eagle Feather Pendant Necklace for $81

I know Gene uses the “N”, I have a cuff he made, but this does not look like his work, imo.