Navajo?

Good morning all,
sorry I translated with google because I don’t speak English! do you think this bracelet could be Native American? thank you in advance for your feedback. Valerie

3 Likes

That does not appear to be Native American to me. The construction of it just doesn’t fit, but I could be wrong. Others on here will be able to be more specific than me. It is pretty!

1 Like

Thank You. Do You think it’s true turquoise ?

1 Like

Bonjour Valérie
Le bracelet est fait à la main, mais il est très douteux que le travail soit amérindien. Stylistiquement, il est clair que le fabricant optait pour un look amérindien, mais la manière dont les éléments sont assemblés a plus un caractère asiatique. D’après ce que je peux voir, les pierres sont très claires et présentent des signes d’usure, mais aucun signe de décoloration naturelle, elles ne me ressemblent donc pas en turquoise.

Hello Valerie
The bracelet is handmade, but its very doubtful that the work is native american. Stylistically its clear the maker was going for a native american look, but the manner in which the elements are assembled have more of an asian character. From what I can see, the stones are very clear, and show signs of wear, but no signs of natural discoloration, so they do not look like turquoise to me.

5 Likes

Thank you for the explanation, mmrogers. I wondered about the stones.

Oh I wish I could speak French! My husband’s family came here from France several generations ago (although none of them speak it), so I now have a very French last name. While we were traveling in Quebec whenever someone would see our name they’d say, “You should be speaking French to us!” Oh well.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Val1969!

1 Like

Merci beaucoup :relaxed: merci pour l’accueil :+1::rainbow:

3 Likes

Merci beaucoup :blush: est-ce possible de répondre en français ? Est-il possible pour vous de traduire facilement ?

2 Likes

Je suis devenue fan des bijoux amérindiens et j’en ai trouvé à des prix très bas car certaines personnes les vendent sans connaître leur valeur!
Merci :relaxed: cela me fait du bien de partager avec des passionnés! Belle journée ou nuit à vous. Ici pour moi il est 9h35 du matin (France)

2 Likes

@Val1969 Non, it’s an English-language forum. Welcome!

3 Likes

Ok, I have to translate with Google! :+1::blush:

4 Likes

Good morning Valerie. Personally, I don’t mind at all. It’s always a good opportunity to practice and learn. I read French pretty well, but don’t consider myself a speaker. You are always welcome to use French in direct messages.

Welcome to the forum!

Mike

1 Like

Merci beaucoup Mike😊j’essaye de lire l’anglais puis le traduit. Si je poste en anglais ce sera de la traduction Google qui je l’espère sera compréhensible !!

2 Likes

You are most welcome, Valerie. So far the translations have been very good. Excellent really. I think you’ll have no problem posting here using Google translate!

1 Like