Need help identifying the hallmark please.

5 Likes

I like the cuff, but I can’t really see the Hallmark symbol very well. Can you see what the shape is?

1 Like

I think I found it on the Amerindien site. Unfortunately they have it as unknown.

Top one on the left. Does that look the same??

1 Like

Yeah, I saw it on that site but wasn’t sure if anyone had more info. I’m thinking of selling it but I’m not sure what to say about it without knowing who made it

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help.

2 Likes

I hope someone else has an idea. Do you think that’s a deer on it? Lovely cuff.

BTW, I chuckled when I read your name, my sister in laws name is Julie, and we often say"Juuuulieeee"!

1 Like

Gibson Gene has a similar hallmark, not identical but similar, and I wonder if the unidentified is an alternate of his. He did work like this, wide cuff with chip inlay.

His hallmark:
Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 9.19.48 AM

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1100635216/vintage-gibson-gene-navajo-sterling?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-jewelry-bracelets-cuff_bracelets&utm_custom1=k_Cj0KCQiAuvOPBhDXARIsAKzLQ8FYiwdf9uR-S7VnNPWB5Spx51xaVuxp7oLDA7VZxqmy4NccCFIY4ScaAtZ3EALw_wcB_k&utm_content=go_12573358028_118181108383_507852212587_pla-354251304368_c__1100635216_120054254&utm_custom2=12573358028&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuvOPBhDXARIsAKzLQ8FYiwdf9uR-S7VnNPWB5Spx51xaVuxp7oLDA7VZxqmy4NccCFIY4ScaAtZ3EALw_wcB

1 Like

I have a belt buckle with a similar mark. I never found out who the artist is. Very nice bracelet! Chip inlay belt buckle
Here is the link to my buckle that I posted.

2 Likes

Yes it is a deer. I’m wondering if it could be pre 1930s because there is no sterling silver stamp?? I am just guessing that is a possibility.

Chip inlay wasn’t invented until the 1970’s, so it would date to then or later.

1 Like

And I have pieces that are later that don’t have sterling stamps.

I remember reading that post. I like your buckle also.

So I wAs reading up the other day on stamps. I can’t remember precisely what it was. I have looked for the article but can not find it now. It was something like (and please if you are more knowledgeable correct me) in order to use the sterling stamp after a certain date with your hallmark, then you have to register your hallmark. It costs a bit of money to register a hallmark so some people did not do it. That is why some newer jewelry might not be marked as sterling.

I did not word this so well, but I hope it makes sense.