Pick a Stone!

Hi friends!

I’m working with a silversmith to re-create a ring (pictured on the right). I have these two high grade natural King’s Manassa cabs.

Which would you choose to replicate this ring?

Thanks!

1 Like

If all the colors are represented here accurately, the top stone is the better match. The other one leans more yellow (warmer).

4 Likes

I agree with @chicfarmer.

Looks like a great match!

4 Likes

I second @chicfarmer and @TaraFawn75! Plus the top stone has a bit of matrix, and it appears the original does also.

2 Likes

Definitely the top stone.

1 Like

Top stone is my pick also

Agree with everyonne else. The top one.

1 Like

Make two rings :upside_down_face:, but my vote is the top stone too if you’re only making one.

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight, friends!

I’m going with the top stone for this particular ring with Navajo silversmith Sheila Tso, and working with Elgin Tom for a ring with the bottom stone! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey friends! Just shipped the top cab off to be set into a ring. Working with Sheila Tso on this one. Can’t wait to show ya in a few weeks!

2 Likes

Hi friends!

I forgot to post pictures—received my ring. Thanks for your help with picking this stone!

Natural King’s Manassa turquoise, hand-crafted by Navajo artist, Sheila Tso.

10 Likes

Wow! Looks great! I hadn’t picked up on the very fine golden matrix before, adds a touch of interest and depth. Enjoy wearing your lovely ring.

2 Likes

Nice! And a pretty good match to the ring you were trying to replicate.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It’s so lovely—so grateful for how it worked out.

Thank you so much! I think so too!