Real or fake stones

I know the metal is nickle silver aka nickel dulled to look like silver. But could the stones be turquoise? Or maybe something dyed to look like turquoise? Acetone couldn’t remove the color. are there anymore test or is that fairly definitive?

2 Likes

You might want to keep in mind the Hunt bros. attempt to corner the silver market…regular folks had a hard time finding it & had to resort to substitutes.

That’s interesting. I will do some study on that. Do you think the stones are real?

sorry,sorta thinking out loud…duh
just meant don’t automatically assume junk,ok?
stones look good to me,whatever that’s worth.

oh,the metal’s also called “german silver” & isn’t a new alloy :wink:

I gave $10. I pretty much only bought it for the stones. I actually wear it daily.

1 Like

you like it; then ya did good!
lol
I keep tellin my enabler that I could spend that money at mickey d’s, but it lasts a whole lot longer on my finger.

I literally use the same line with people lol. I spend a small fortune on one or the other.

I’m thinking genuine stabilized turquoise. Kyle

2 Likes

Better than something dyed. it could possibly be stabilized. Long as it’s not like magnetite or something I’m ok with it

I think real stones but agree with the assessment of not real silver. I found this out recently too, that they will indeed use real stones with less than valuable metals. It looks like someone has dragged a soldering pen across it…see the swirlies and dots? Definitely not junk, it’s still a cool piece!

It use to have an eagle on it. But it was just one wing and the head. And yes I’ve known for a long time that you have to be careful of belt buckles . Nickle silver, German silver, alpaca silver so forth are used extensively in them because of size and weight. And can look identical silver almost note stones, with the coral included are the reason I took a shot at the buckle