Robert Becenti (?) cuff with unusual turquoise

Thanks for getting back to me! I took more photos and cracked a small one to expose the center. Its a real small example, is that enough or should we saw a larger one in half?
In the two overview of the bunch, I did one with a flash and one w/out.
Uncle Ed made purchasing trips from So Cal to Arizona yearly but we don’t know the particulars.
My guess is stabilized but not dyed?

1 Like

I think you may be right. The cracked piece may be stabilized. Good job with the hole pictures. Some do look like they may be hand drilled. I think it’s time for some more experienced people to join this conversation. @Jason @mmrogers , @markeyboy, @wjuanxp , @chicfarmer. When you get replies from some of these members you will know a lot more than I can tell you. I am a collector and don’t know the very much about cutting, and identifying nuggets but i do think you have some nice looking turquoise.
Did he collect any jewelry?

Wow, that is a good group to be lumped in with! Nice compliment but my “expertise” is more like the "I know just enough to be dangerous " category!
I would tend toward Morenci.

2 Likes

Looks like Kingman nugget to me. The broken Ipiece might be stabilized. Hard to tell if all of it is or perhaps some nuggets are not. Overall I’d tend to go with stabilized Kingman nugget.

2 Likes