Royston?

no stamp. ring is very similar to another ring I have

2 Likes

I am not sure what I am filling, but Royston is not it. Great looking piece and stone.

1 Like

I’M thinking this more like a Chrysocolla than Turquoise. Here is an example. Hope this helps, Kyle

2 Likes

Thank you these are a couple of my favorites

I can see where you would get chrysacolla but you would need to see them in person. I mean its possible but I’m not sure. there is a distinction between the two when seeing the stone on the ring in person. It just has a heavy matrix

Photos never do justice ! :rofl: Kyle

1 Like

Even worse on a $40 android lol.

1 Like

I dunno, from a distance your ring stone looks kind of like my earrings (no clue what the turquoise is in them, sorry)…

1 Like

That’s the funny thing about Chrysocolla it can look so much like turquoise at times that it is sometimes referred to as the sister of or cousin of turquoise and the are often found in the same area. It sometimes forms with a crystalline texture and sometimes in soft masses with matrix like turquoise. The difference is in the chemical composition. With some cuts it’s tough judging from pictures. Your earrings look like turquoise to me :rofl: Kyle

1 Like

Yeah I don’t really have the means to do the chemical annalise. I’ve been told that tho dehydrated copper turquoise being what most consider true turquoise is actually not nearly as rare as chrysacola, but is more valuable. Which makes zero sense to me. Although native Americans mined according to color and not the stone. There are lots of ancient examples of other material ie. wood being painted turquoise. it’s a common misconception that the stone was the value

1 Like