Squash Blossom Curious: All Silver vs Turquoise Stones

@TaraFawn75 I love this! It is so different, I have never seen anything like it before. The starbursts do have a bit of a mid century modern aesthetic to them.

3 Likes

This is a fantastic, unique variation on the necklace. :star_struck: Agree about its midcentury mod atomic feel, but it also makes me think of the Ottoman/Islamic star and crescent. Probably coincidental–but related to the naja’s origins.

4 Likes

This is a perfect example of what was discussed in another post about what constitutes a squash blossom necklace! Absolutely fabulous variation (a close cousin), with a Naja but without actual blossoms. What to call it???

2 Likes

It’s great that there are so many variations in styles of Squash blossoms and that everyone’s taste is a little different. Like has been previously said I look for fabulous turquoise, hand made beads (in the best case), and well made heavy silver blossoms. Nothing worse than those light, flimsy blossoms that are crunched and bent out of shape. I have quite a few squash blossom necklaces, but favorite “go to” squash is simple, but surprisingly heavy and lays beautifully. Everyone will eventually find theirs.

9 Likes

Love this; very rock and roll. You could find your inner Stevie Nicks (or Joan Jett depending on your mood) while wearing it.

5 Likes

Perfect necklace for New Years Eve, July 4th, or on a random Tuesday. :+1:

4 Likes