Squash Blossom necklace help

Hello,my name is Francesca I have a squash blossom necklace that was purchased in the '60s. I will share all the info I have on it. It’s marked GTH as in G. Tom Herrin. it has bear claws from brown bear, all front claws, top eight from same bear and bottom two from a very large brown bear. there are 140 stamped silver beads, strung on tiger tail. there is a total weight of 302 grams of silver. Total of 413 grams of top grade natural Kingman turquoise.
I can not find any info online on G. Tom Herrin, does any of you know of him?
What would the value of this necklace approximately be?
Thank you so much. I appreciate any info you would be able to share with me.

6 Likes

Wow a real beauty !!! Welcome and someone will be along to help.

2 Likes

Beautiful! Do you have any more pictures? Some close ups of turquoise, beads and claws as well at some of back of necklace. Thanks. It’s lovely!

1 Like

2 Likes

Stunning! Love the Turquoise! Almost looks like Sea Foam. This could fetch a pretty penny in the right market. $1500 to $3000 I would think. Sorry I couldn’t find GTH in the resource books. Maybe one of the pros will weigh in.

2 Likes

Thank you! I know, I searched everywhere for this name and I could not find anything. They told me he was from Santa Fe and died relatively young but that’s all I could find! Thanks for your help

1 Like