Thank you for ID help!

Hello!
This piece was found in my grandfather’s belongings. I’m told the image is a water bird/ peyote bird, but I have not been able to determine the source of the marks. Would love to know more about it!

Did you test the metal? I couldn’t find anything except this buckle that is attributed to a Fannie Platero who uses an F hallmark, nothing on the arrowhead. I would start with the metal and test it for sterling silver, let us know and we will go from there.

Thank you so much! I will work on testing the metal. I’m new to this field, and I’ve read about “DIY” tests like ice, acid, magnet… were you referring to having it tested by an expert?

Something like this. $10

1 Like

I have these with an F less the arrowhead. $14.99 in a local pawn shop. Because I paid so little I never really put that much effort into figuring out if it was her or not. I did run into a lot of different styles with F hallmarks, all attributed to her. Seems unlikely they were all made by the same person. But that is as far as I went, couldn’t even figure out if any of them were her or not so couldn’t even say what style of work she actually does.

1 Like