Trying to determine turquoise, construction, age and value of my new cuff

I just received a new cuff with some awesome turquoise. It is large and heavy and not the least bit flexible. Weight is 93.46g and the front is 2 1/4” by 1 7/8”. The turquoise is approximately 1 1/2” by 1”. The side
carinated bands continue and make up the border surrounding the turquoise. The center piece of the band is twisted with a smooth narrow band on each side. I would welcome opinions about the turquoise. The seller said Royston but I think there might be a chance that it is Turquoise Mountain. I am including one picture of the cuff next to the Turquoise Mountain necklace that I have for comparison. I also don’t know enough to decide whether the cuff is cast or ingot. I think it may be fairly new. And finally, I would love to have an approximate value. (I also have a matching ring but it is being sized and I don’t have it here. Thanks for your help.

10 Likes

I love it this set! The turquoise is beautiful! I like the little red coral bits on the necklace, they make the color of the turquoise pop!

1 Like

Such a beautiful piece. I wish i knew more about it but i dont so therefore i will leave it to the experts. Great find.

1 Like

I love that cuff!!!

1 Like

Another awesome cuff! You need to change your username to Turquoisemomma. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Probably so because it’s quite addictive. Sometimes it’s the turquoise and other times the silver work that suck me in. I do believe I need a 12 step program!:rofl: it’s been my “retirement fund” for so long that I could probably open a store. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I, too, am interested in learning how his cuff was constructed. It certainly has a sandcast vibe going on.

1 Like

I’ve decided this is a variation on hunter/gather behavior.

Just luck at first,then learning quarry’s location/habitat ,when to strike,best(fatal)target, more choosy on which speciman(how many antler points,best flavor/amount of meat,etc.)…

Toting the trophy home w/out the need to butcher,clean,freeze,smoke…taxidermy mount :wink: &,brag about your catch HERE. Where others understand the show-off attitude.

3 Likes

That is a great analogy! I understand completely since I grew up hunting, fishing, shrimping and crabbing. Now it’s been replaced by my NA turquoise addiction. :100: P.S. I ate my catch; the deer forest in the den is my husbands doing. :rofl:

1 Like

@Jason i hope you will share your opinion with us. Thank you for your help.

I always like to give the seller information credibility since they might have a little more insight on the purchase information. It could be a piece of Royston Turquoise. The construction is most likely fabricated wire. It is a nice heavy construction and a valuable piece. $600 - $750ish. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thanks Jason. The seller did say Royston and I have a matching ring that she is currently having sized. I think I might’ve done pretty well. Thank you very much for the information.